Sunday, June 9, 2013

Upcycled Photography Prop Newborn Knit Palazzo Pant and Head Wrap

I have to admit it. I'm addicted to the craft of making upcycled, photography prop, sets for newborn babies! 

I'm looking at everything I see on a hanger in a shop as a dissasembled piece waiting for new life on my work table. A woman's sweater can become 2 sets of pants and hats, and leggies and possibly a layering blanket too. A child's sweater or top I see as pants and hat or pants and leggies. 

It took me a while to get to this point because I only use really good quality knits and to cut them apart at first was a little painful as I had to reason with my logical brain that I was not destroying a perfectly good item but was re-purposing something old into something and fresh. 

Now I am quite keen on thinking upcycled is the way to go 

See what happens to a vintage knit dress! I have enough to make another set!

For SALE : $25.00 shipped U.S. 



No comments:

Post a Comment