Tuesday, June 4, 2013

It's a Retro Hippy Thing

It's a Retro HIPPY Thing! 

Made a few headbands from fabric medallions that remind me of patterns and colors I wore back as a teenager back in the 60's.

 When I was a kid my grandmother showed me how to make the medallions using a piece of cardboard cut into a circle. For this new batch I bought a handy little tool made of plastic with a disc that fits to hold the fabric in place while I stitched the circle to form the pleats.  

I love to make them and had a few ready to use for a pillow project. After giving it some thought I pictured the medallions on a headband or head wrap. The finished product is what you see below and as you can see my grand daughter loved them and insisted on wearing them in their own way. Georgia has hers higher while Reese has the Indian maiden look worn a little lower on her forehead. They have a cotton braided tie back for adjustable fit. *PEACE*  

Priced $14.00 including U.S. ship
International shipping add $3.00 



No comments:

Post a Comment