Monday, April 20, 2009

Loop de Loop My Version


Love to make ribbon loopys for baby gifts. This one I made for a special little girl baby of a friend of mine. Backside is pink pink dots and as you can see the front is made from 4 inch squares of fabric stitched together. I save ALL my sewing scraps and usually can make something fun out of them.

Interesting to note is that I can't sell my loopy ribbon pads as there is a trademark or patent or something on original ribbon tags items. I made a couple of my patchwork versions a few months back to sell from my Etsy shop and was told by Etsy administration that I must remove them immediatly from my shop or face legal action by the Taggy people. I asked if I could changed the name to remove any reference to ribbon or loops and was told NO do NOT try to sell them under any other name. There are STILL many sellers on Etsy selling ribbon loop items and I don't know why I was singeled out for the 2 that I had listed. I'm ceratainly no threat to any big company. Interesting world we live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment